Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Brain, the Nerf Football

Why does it have to be so d*mn difficult to get back into the swing of things after a great vacation???

Granted, I'm not doing much these days...writing from home, walking the dog, taking some classes...but even that stuff seems like the ultimate grind after a long weekend of complete and total R & R.

If only life could be an endless stream of vacation days...

Of course, if I had a more solid feeling of where I'm going with my life (professionally, not personally), that might help. This state of constant flux, not knowing what I'm meant to do with myself, not sure what my future will hold or if I'll ever, EVER find a career path that I find (at the least) tolerable...it's a bit much at times. Particularly after a break from it all, not thinking about these overarching concerns for five whole days...let's just say that I've had a fairly rough time slipping back into the realm of self-flagellation.

Ugh.

No comments: